Diet “7G” is assigned to patients with end-stage renal failure patients on dialysis – the patient’s blood purification using the “artificial kidney”.
The protein is moderately limited (due to replenishment of the basic vegetable proteins) and potassium salt of sharply limited and significantly reduces free liquid. In the absence of edema and hypertension patient per day are allowed to be added to the dishes up to 2-3 grams of salt. Taste dishes enhance sauces, spices, citric acid. The total energy content of normal due to fat and carbohydrates (11700-12100 kJ = 2800-2900 kcal).
- The loss of amino acid and protein during dialysis, its frequency and duration of the protein content of the diet is from 0.8 to 1.2 g per 1 kg of patient weight normal, 60-70 g on average (70 to 75% of animals);
- physiologically normal caloric diet with 35 kcal per 1 kg of body weight (average 2100- 2400 kcal) with normal carbohydrates (300-350 g) and restricting sugars moderate restriction of fat by fat animals (70-80 g, of which 30% vegetable oils). Features composition of carbohydrates and fats are important for the prevention of disorders of lipid metabolism but are of less importance than diet caloric. Therefore, poor appetite permissible increase in carbohydrate (honey, jam, etc.) In the diet;
- the amount of salt in the diet and the liquid depends on the blood pressure and the degree of water retention in the body. When hypertension and water retention of fluid and salt intake dramatically limit. When storing urine (diuresis) the amount of liquid is 0.4-0.5 l plus the value of the daily urine output. The food is prepared without salt, salt-free bread. In the absence of hypertension and edema is handed to the patient 3-4 g of salt;
- increase the calcium amount (at least 1 g), iron, vitamin C and B through their sources and food products; limit the amount of phosphorus to 1 g per day; potassium intake – no more than 2-3 grams per day, and eliminate foods rich in potassium with a decrease in urine output (oliguria);
- to improve the palatability of the food needed diverse culinary processing, including quenching and light frying, add spicy vegetables and spices, citric acid, vinegar and so on. etc .;
- diet is planned individually according to the frequency and duration of hemodialysis and patient.
Diet may be different in the days of dialysis, and the days without him. With the loss of appetite in the dialysis days, it is necessary to ensure an increase in food intake between the days proceedings. Expedient frequent meals in small portions.
Recommended products and dishes with an approximate indication of their number:
- salt-free bread from flour – 150 g or less with an increase in the ration of cereals;
- soups (up to 250 g), vegetable (. borscht, cabbage, etc.), with sago, milk;
- meat and fish low-fat varieties – up to 100 g, after boiling a variety of dishes, followed by roasting or frying;
- milk and milk drinks – 150-200 g, sour cream – 50 g, cottage cheese – 30-40 g; eggs – 1 -1.5 pieces boiled in the dish, protein omelets; limited cereals, preferred sago, rice; averaging 200 g potato and 300 g of vegetables, various meals;
- snacks in the form of vegetable and fruit salads, salads;
- fruits and berries – 250-300 grams, raw or cooked, mousses, jellies; honey, jam, and 20 g of sugar; tomato sauce, sour cream, sour-sweet and sour vegetable and fruit sauce, citric acid, vinegar, spicy vegetables and spices, is limited – horseradish, pepper, mustard;
- weak tea, coffee drinks, fruit and vegetable juices; 20 g of butter and 25 g of vegetable oil.
Excluded are: meat, fish, mushroom broth and sauces, sausages, canned snacks, meats, eggs, cheese, beans, salt and vegetables rich in oxalic acid, potassium-rich fruits, dried fruits, mushrooms, chocolate, cocoa.